selected highlights from my archive of 90s activist ephemera and articles. probably due for a revamp.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Newbury flyer

I like this one. A combination of environmental pleading and ego-massage. My experience at Newbury was very limited. I was there a week, in the freezing cold, totally unprepared for just how hard it was going to be, how exhausting running from one place to another on word of mouth (mobiles were rare and expensive) trying to eat the bulldozers and security. I wish I'd been older and better prepared for it. For a definitive story of the times I recommend Jim Hindle's Nine Miles - a fascinating read.

Were you there? Do you have any leaflets, flyers, stories etc. that you want to share? If so email them to me and I'll stick 'em up here - nineties.activist@googlemail.com

protest2

Where were you at the Third Battle? rear

No comments: